The Geographe Cycle Club Inc was warmly welcomed by the Corrigin Community who provided interesting guest speakers and tours including:
- Sandow and Sharon Jacobs and Linda Bolt at the morning tea stop at the Bilbarin Hall.
- Daniel Ullyett who led a tour of the CBH facility.
- Brad Bootsma who provided an interesting evening talk with video and slides on his recent Indian Pacific Unsupported Endurance Ride.
- The Corrigin Historical Museum tour and afternoon tea with Eric, Stewart, Mike and Ron.
- Robin Campbell, for her passionately lead tour of wildflowers.
- The farm tour to see the diversity of cropping for straw and grain led by Ashly Grylls.
- And, to Laurie Collett for his story of Roo and to Carly Kenny with the local spin on it.
We found the CWA a perfect venue for our get-togethers at the end of each day and the use of the BBQs in Miss Bee’s garden were very convenient. While the Caravan Park, the Motel and Hotel’s accommodation was all that we expected. Shopping in town was easy and the shops were happy to hold stock until required. The cafes were also a hit with our members.
And finally, while it was necessary to change some of our rides to avoid the grain trucks, we enjoyed the rides on the district’s roads and we found some great locations for our morning tea stops.
Thank you Corrigin.